free web page hit counter

CommunityWalk Blog

Sunday, November 12, 2006

Advanced Tutorials: Adding Audio To Your Map

When I first saw someone put a little audio player on their map with the voice of a local person describing their little shop, or a tourist attraction, etc, it really impressed me. It made such a difference in how I viewed the map. It really connected me to that local place.

I've been meaning to create a series of tutorials for some time now, providing people with some instructions on how to get the most out of CommunityWalk. There are a few features which are not very intuitive, but are very powerful, such as the ability to include a flash audio player in a location or map description.

So I've created the first tutorial. It describes how to use the Odeo Studio (studio.odeo.com) to record audio and include it in your map. Hopefully people will find it useful.

Check out the tutorial: Add Audio To Your Map

And check out the sample map here: Sample Map with Audio

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home