free web page hit counter

CommunityWalk Blog

Tuesday, October 24, 2006

An Alaska Vacation and a Brainstorm

My girlfriend create a map of her trip to Alaska last night and commented about she didn't like the order of the markers in the marker list. I told her that she could change it, using the order field in the details section of each marker, but she wasn't exactly thrilled by that possibility. She just wanted there to be a better natural order. She didn't even realize that they were in alphabetic order.

This wasn't the first time I've had this feedback from people, so I decided to sit down and brainstorm how to make it better. The best solution I could think of was to organize the marker list by category name, breaking it up a bit and making it feel more organized. Luckily this was easy to do, which is usually a very good sign.

Check out the new marker list on her Alaska Vacation Map.

CommunityWalk Map - Alaska Vacation

Labels:

1 Comments:

  • Looks great! I was wondering whether the maps have RSS feeds so I can add them to suprglu or notify people places have been added in Bloglines. Thanks

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home