free web page hit counter

CommunityWalk Blog

Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Server Upgrade

I will be moving CommunityWalk over to its new servers today, so there may be a few outages over the course of the day. I will try to minimize the downtime as much as possible.

I will also be releasing some changes to the site. Mostly focused around a redesign of the bubble that pops up above each marker on the map. I've also built out a wizard to help people get started with their maps. Personally I usually hate wizards, but in this case it really seems to help people start using the application more quickly. I've tried to make it quick and painless so you can get on your way, but if it is too annoying for anyone please let me know so that I can try to make it better.

I'll write more about the changes later. They are pretty obvious, though, so you should notice them as soon as we get the application moved on to the new servers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home