free web page hit counter

CommunityWalk Blog

Wednesday, May 24, 2006

A Better Legend

For a while now the legend on CommunityWalk maps has been bugging me. When I clicked on a category I wanted to see that category and hide the others, but it would simply toggle that category, usually hiding it, instead.

Well I finally came up with a reasonable interface to make it show that category instead of toggle it. I had to add in some checkboxes to ensure that the toggling capabilities were still there, but I don't think it distracts from the interface too much and is very functional.

Also I added in arrows in the Legend and Map Overview buttons to help communicate that they can be shown or hidden easily.

Just some small enhancements that I think will make the interface considerable more intuitive.

1 Comments:

  • I like the checkboxes, much clearer what you can do with the list of items in legend.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home