free web page hit counter

CommunityWalk Blog

Tuesday, May 09, 2006

I'm Still Here

Just so people don't think I have stopped developing CommunityWalk, I wanted to send along a quick update. I am putting the final touches on the Pathing Release, which will provide a host of functionality around drawing paths on the map. So everyone who's created a bar crawl map, mapped out public transportation routes, created a personal map for their bike route to work, etc. can finally have the path mapped out in order with distance calculations.

Right now I am trying to find a good stopping point. This is one of those features that could go on forever, so I am trying to thin it down and get the core functionality stable so that I can release it. I am *hoping* it will be done within a week or so.

2 Comments:

  • Hi,

    Great site

    Pathing feature is nice but....
    The distances are inherently innacurate especially with a lots of turns.

    Being able to upload a GPX file (GPS) would be sweet (and accurate)

    Regards

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:16 PM  

  • Anonymous,

    I'm not sure what you mean by "inherently innacurate". The distances come from Google and seem to be fairly accurate to me. Is there a specific path distance that you've found to be accurate?

    Or do you just mean they are inaccurate because they don't follow the roads exactly?

    Best,
    Jared

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home