free web page hit counter

CommunityWalk Blog

Friday, November 25, 2005

What and Where

For a while now I've wanted to have a legend for the map so that you can easily tell what the different color markers represent on a given map. I also have frequently found myself looking for a way to get a quick zoomed out view of where I was so that I could tell what I was looking at and where it was in the world (frequently maps are zoomed in to a point where you can't really tell where you are in the world).

Well these two questions could be summarized as "What?" and "Where?", so I decided to just go with that and add a "What" and "Where" button at the top right hand side of the map. The "What" will show you what each color icon represents, and the "Where" will show you where you are in the world (from a more zoomed out view).

The obvious extension of this would be to have "Who", but this would require a more extensive change that I don't have time for yet. It will come, though, hopefully sooner rather than later...

In the meantime I hope you enjoy the new "What" and "Where" buttons!

2 Comments:

  • Very cool on the WHAT / WHERE Buttons...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:37 AM  

  • Two very handy features... especially the legend :-)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home