free web page hit counter

CommunityWalk Blog

Thursday, October 27, 2005

Cool New Functionality (At Least I Think So)

So I just finished up an enhancement that provides code to put your community onto your own website. A lot of people have been taking screenshots to include on their own websites, so hopefully they will like this functionality. The map that is included is a "lite" version that is meant to refer people back to CommunityWalk. I am fully open to feedback on this and hope that I get some, so please let me know what you think.

Here is an example of the first sample community I ever created:



You can get the code for your own iframe map on your "My Communities" page just below where you enter in the description for the community. The content of the frame is also customizable and I did my best to provide instructions on how to customize it there as well.

Interestingly enough if you just go to the source of the iframe you get a cool full screen map:

http://www.communitywalk.com/iframe/content/1

Enjoy!


P.S. I realize that it is hard to figure out the extra params for customizing your iframe. It is difficult to determine the zoom level and basically impossible to easily figure out the latitude and longitude if you want to customize that. I am working on a better solution for this. Sorry about the inconvenience in the meantime.

2 Comments:

  • Yes! Extremely cool! Thanks Jared.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:32 AM  

  • My pleasure Reed. Glad you like it :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home