free web page hit counter

CommunityWalk Blog

Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Polygons and Categories for Paths

We've been getting requests for the ability to create polygons on a map for sometime now and we were finally able to find the time to complete these requests.

So you can now create polygons on your map. Check out the example below. Just create a path and then click "Options" to find a "Is a Polygon" check box. Check that and you'll immediately see your path transformed into a polygon. It's pretty cool!

Just as we were about to release this we got a request for categories on paths, so we decided to slip that in as well. Now you can categorize paths to let people know what kind of path it is or, for that matter, what kind of polygon it is!

CommunityWalk Map - Playing With Polygons

5 Comments:

  • Can you add path categories to the ones in the legend so users can turn them on and off?

    Can I have the paths truned off by default?

    Is there a way to select a single legend category from the URL? If I wanted a link to the map with only restaurants displyed I could use one URL or if I wanted a link to parking I could use another URL.

    By Blogger Jason Pawlowski, at 4:58 AM  

  • Steve,

    This is not possible yet, but I think it is a pretty reasonable requests. I will look towards getting it on to the project road map.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 9:24 AM  

  • This comment has been removed by the author.

    By Blogger Joshua, at 10:11 PM  

  • (Whoops, accidentally deleted my first comment...)


    I'm seeing a lot of funkiness with hiding (turning off) paths when editing a map. If I uncheck the box next to a path, it will usually disappear from the map. However if I zoom in/out, it sometimes comes back. Also, even if/when it is hidden, hovering over where it should be shows the title tooltip (in both editing and viewing modes).

    I absolutely love paths; it's the reason I'm using CommunityWalk. I hope you have more features coming to paths!

    By Blogger Joshua, at 10:36 PM  

  • Joshua,

    Thank you for reporting these issues. We will look into them right away.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home