free web page hit counter

CommunityWalk Blog

Sunday, October 02, 2005

Web 2.0 Hype

So the Web 2.0 conference is going to be taking place in San Francisco this week and seems to be generating a lot of buzz. In particular people are debating all over the place what Web 2.0 means.

A lot of people call it an empty buzz word. It is obviously a buzz word, but I think there is some meat behind it and that the value of a definition lies in helping people who have never heard of most of these new technologies understand what is going on.

Personally if I were to try and explain it to my mother then I would simply say this:

Web 2.0 is simply people beginning to harness the power of the web as a communication and collaboration tool, enabling the efficient sharing of information from person to person, person to computer, and computer to computer.

Just my thoughts on it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home