free web page hit counter

CommunityWalk Blog

Wednesday, September 28, 2005

The Next Couple of Weeks

Over the next few weeks, with my current priorities, I am going to be working on the following enhancements:

1) Few more performance enhancements
2) Quicktime/Flash integration into the infowindows
3) Flickr integration
4) Email enhancements to notify users of changes to their communities (eg. someone left a comment)
4) Smaller icon option (for larger communities) with roll-over effects
5) Bulk adding of locations
6) Line drawing capabilities

Those are my current priorities (I think). If anyone wants to suggest anything else please let me know. I also know that front page needs some serious work. I am constantly thinking about how to make the experience for people who come to explore CommunityWalk better. I want to have geographical browsing/searching of communities (eg. maps showing where communities and locations are located), categorical browsing of communities, general searching of communities, last updated, etc. I might try to make incremental changes as time goes on or maybe hire a design firm for some help. I'm not really sure.

I am also not sure what the timeframe for all of this is, and the priorities might change, so stay tuned to this blog for updates. Also check the comments of this post for any changes I might make to the prioritization.

2 Comments:

  • Oh yea, almost forgot about Safari integration. This is also a high priority.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:51 PM  

  • Oh yea, forgot about RSS syndication, including geo-tagged RSS and Google Earth feeds. Also an API!

    So much to do, so little time...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home