free web page hit counter

CommunityWalk Blog

Friday, September 30, 2005

Safari Support

I've noticed some grumblings around the internet about the fact that CommunityWalk crashes Safari. I'd like to take this time to clarify things as well as ask for some help if any exists.

1) It is enormously important for me to get Safari working. I feel quite embarrassed that CommunityWalk is actually crashing some browsers out there (I have tried running CommunityWalk on some Safari browsers here at work and they do not crash - they are all running version 1.3v312m, which I think is the latest, so maybe earlier versions crash ???)

2) I don't actually own a mac or have easy access to one. I can poke around on one at work, but there are some fairly serious problems with CommunityWalk on Safari so I would really need to get a mac to bring home and test against before I can get these issues resolved.

Clarifications aside, I apologize tremendously if CommunityWalk crashed your browser or if Safari is your main browser and it really annoys you that you can't use CommunityWalk on it. I really do want to get it fixed asap.

So if you are a safari js expert or know of one and want to lend a hand to getting this problem fixed please let me know ( communitywalk+safari@gmail.com ). I'm not exactly sure how I would work it, but I could probably give you ftp access to the test environment so that you could try to fix these problems. If there are no takers, then I should be able to get to it myself in the near future. In the meantime I apologize for the inconvenience.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home